2018 Greater Chesapeake Damage Prevention Training Conference
Title sponsors Miss Utility of Delmarva and Miss Utility/District One Call will once again host the Greater Chesapeake Damage Prevention Training Conference (GCDPTC) this fall! The tenth annual GCDPTC will take place Oct. 23-26, 2018 at the Clarion Resort Fontainebleau Hotel in Ocean City, Md.
Since its launch in 2009, the GCDPTC has provided facility operators, locators, excavators, regulators, engineers and other professionals who work near underground facilities with an unrivaled combination of informative training sessions, relevant exhibitors and networking opportunities. Attendees at the 2018 GCDPTC can expect new additions to the comprehensive training session schedule, as well as returning favorites, and networking opportunities, including the sixth annual GCDPTC cornhole tournament and the ninth annual golf tournament. A special celebration to mark the conference’s 10th anniversary will take place as well.
The 10th GCDPTC will feature an informative mix of dynamic speakers, all-conference sessions and niche breakout sessions designed to refresh damage prevention professionals’ training and illuminate every facet of the safe digging process. Attendees of the 2018 GCDPTC can look forward to content including:
- A keynote address by Robert White, law enforcement veteran and expert on workplace interactions between millennials and baby boomers
- Breakout session topics including:
- Active Shooter Preparedness Training
- Damage Prevention Family Feud, Sponsored by Delaware Electric Cooperative
- Emergency Tickets: How They Affect You
- Everyday Personal Equipment Safety
- Everyone’s Role in Protecting Maryland’s Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources
- Insight into Predictive Damage Prevention
- MOSH Update: Trenching and Excavating, Sponsored by Gray & Son, Inc.
- PHMSA and CGA Update
- Stakeholder Project Showcase: Introducing Natural Gas to Ocean City, Sponsored by Paradigm
- The Gold Shovel Standard: Working with Safe Contractors
- You’re the Authority – Case Studies from the Maryland Underground Facilities Damage Prevention Authority, PLUS a Delaware Law Update, Sponsored by R.B. Hinkle Construction, Inc.
Click here to view photos from the 2017 GCDPTC.
To view a recap of the 2017 GCDPTC, click here.